Getting the Most Out of Your Braces
Having a great smile means not only having straight teeth, but healthy teeth as well. During your orthodontic treatment, there are a few things you can do to get the most “bang for your buck” and have the perfect smile when you finish your treatment:
- Maintain good oral hygiene (including regular check-ups at the dentist)
- Avoid the foods on the “do not eat list” (see below)
- Arrive on time to your appointments or let us know if you’re running late or need to change your appointment (that way the doctor can be sure you get your full adjustment and aren’t rushed).
- If any appliances become loose or broken, please call our office in advance so that we can schedule you appropriately to fix any problems.
- Please follow the staff and doctor’s instructions – our goal is to get you a great smile so we won’t steer you wrong.